Welcome to Room 12's web page! I am delighted to be your child's Second Grade teacher! I hope to help your child be a "SUPER" student, and to create an atmosphere where we all have fun while learning and growing.
* I was born in Minnesota, but raised 3rd
Grade through high school in a suburb of Washington, D.C., which led to an
interesting upbringing having my dad working 2 blocks from the White House,
having countless field trips to historical sites, and traveling the east coast with my high school Symphonic
* I received my Teaching Credential at the University of
Denver, and after I moved here to Encinitas, I fulfilled California’s teaching
requirements through UCSD.
* I live in beautiful Encinitas with my silly and much-loved dog, Annie.
* I enjoy daily lap swimming, boogey-boarding, taking my
dog to the beach, playing the flute,
following the Chargers, attending my local Christian church, and being a Godmother to three great teenagers who live
in Virginia and spend July/August here in Encinitas.
* I take the responsibility of helping to educate your children very seriously, and will do my utmost to make it a successful year for your child!
Thank you in advance for
your support as we, a parent/teacher team, dive into Second Grade!
P.S. We are fortunate to have Cindy Henderson as our classroom aide!