February 24, 2020
Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful Family Week vacation. Thank you to all of you who helped with our Jog-a-thon. We had great parent participation and the class completed a lot of laps. It was a good day.
This week I will begin assessments for our next report card and conference week. For our Moon Journal studies, we will learn about some of the constellations, then do a quick art representation of constellations along with some information about them. Thank you for encouraging your child to observe the moon or night sky. The class has done some beautiful entries. We’re half way through. I hope they continue to notice the changes in the moon.
Next week we are celebrating Ability Awareness Week. All students will be exposed to a variety of special lessons recognizing everyone’s unique abilities. I have included a form for you to sign ONLY IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR CHILD TO PARTICIPATE. Please return the form by Monday, 3/2.
Dates to keep in mind:
- Wed., 2/26, all box tops due
- Fri., 2/28, Spirit Day, Western/Mustache Day
- Fri., 2/28, 2nd grade awards assembly, 9:15 am
- 3/2-3/6, Ability Awareness Week
- 3/9-3/13, Family Balance Week, pick a day to unplug
- Fri., 4/17, Field trip, The Flower Fields
- Fri., 5/22, Field trip, The San Diego Zoo
Have a great week!