Ada Harris Wildcat Band
The Cardiff SEA Music BoostersThe Cardiff SEA Music Boosters is an all-volunteer organization of Ada Harris parents who believe that instrumental music is a vital part of our children's education. We support the Ada Harris Instrumental Music Program - The Wildcat Band - by providing funds for instrument coaching, band director salary, and purchasing/repairing instruments and supplies. The majority of our funding comes from direct parent donations. Other funding comes from fundraisers, The Cardiff School District, and community supporters such as the Coastal Communities Concert Band. Cardiff SEA Music Boosters is funded, in part, by the City of Encinitas!Cardiff SEA Music Boosters is responsible for all fundraising and for supporting our band coaches in any way we can. If you need more information or are interested in volunteering for Cardiff SEA Music Boosters, visit our page on the Cardiff School District website, and/or please contact us at email@example.com. We need your help to keep our program strong and successful!Have a question about instruments, terms, repairs, attire, supplies, etc? Check out our Student's Guide and FAQ section.
Important info for incoming members:
- The Wildcat Band is open to all Ada Harris students in 4th-6th grade. Band members attend two rehearsals each week - one "sectional" (group lesson with their instrument) before school, and one combined rehearsal with the entire band after early release on Wednesdays.
- Band sections are woodwinds (flute, clarinet, saxophone), brass (trumpet, trombone, baritone), and percussion.
- We are dependent on parent donations for up to 80% of our program's costs! We are grateful for your tax-deductible donations to our program! Cost per student is approximately $350 - $450 per year. If you are able, we appreciate you covering the cost of your students participation and welcome any donations above and beyond that amount. However, there is no required fee to participate in the band - no child will be turned away.
- All players are expected to practice at home at least 90 minutes per week to ensure consistent progress.
- The school has some instruments to lend but cannot guarantee each student their preferred instrument.
- There are many local sources of rented instruments.