Extended Day Summer 2024
Cardiff Extended Day is excited to once again offer our incredible Summer Camp Program for students of the Cardiff School District.
(Incoming Kindergarten - 6th graders). Our camps will focus on skill building, critical thinking and group work for that week's given theme. We will be operating mainly out of Rooms 9 and 10 and will have a wide array of activities such as art, science, sports, and special activities.
**FAQ and Billing information located at the bottom of this page
- June 4-7 (Closed Monday, June 3 for in-service)
- June 10-14
- June 17-21 (Closed Wednesday, June 19 for Juneteenth)
- June 24-28
- July 1-5 (Closed Thursday, for 4th of July Holiday)
- July 8-12
- July 15-19
- July 22-26
- July 29-Aug. 2
CLOSED AUGUST 5-12th for in-service.
When does summer registration begin?
- Summer registration will be ready for download in PDF form by Monday, March 4th,2024. Registration forms may be turned in directly to: Cardiff/ Ada Harris Extended Day, the schools front office or emailed to email@example.com
- Once You Have Turned in Your Registration Form, Please Head to the "Registration and Parent Portal" Page on Our Website to Complete Your Registration Through Procare If You Are Not Already in the System. If You Have Registered with Us Through Procare Before, No Matter How Long Ago, Then You Do Not Need to Complete This Step. If You Are Unsure, Please Email Us, so We Can Check to See If You Are in Our System. Please Do Not Complete/Submit a Registration Again.
- Please keep a copy for yourself if you need to reference it. We have had a lot of families double book for different camps &/or forget what they signed up for. You can always reference your invoice to be sure you are reserved for the correct week(s).
When do I need to register my child by?
- While there is no firm end to summer registration, available space is limited so it’s always better to enroll sooner.
Where will the Camp be held?
- Our Camp will be held at Cardiff Elementary for all grades. Incoming Kinder-6th. Student drop-off will take place through the side gate on Mozart Avenue.
- Parents/Guardians will need the ProCare app in order to check their students in and out using the QR code on Rm. 10.
What are the hours of operation for the summer program?
- Extended Day's summer camps will be open from 7:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday (except select days) Drop-off is any time at or after 7:30am and pick-up is any time at or before 5:30pm (a $15 late fee will be applied to all late pick-ups;per every 15 minutes,per student.)
Can I select which days I’d like to attend or do I have to register for the whole week?
- In order to keep our groups stable, we’re only accepting Monday – Friday Weekly schedules. While your child isn’t required to attend every day, their tuition will reflect that of a weekly schedule as rates are determined by schedule and not actual-attendance.
Can I add weeks I’d like my child to attend or can I cancel weeks I don’t need?
- We may be at capacity on certain weeks so if you’d like to add additional weeks, please email our program director to inquire about additional space. If you need to cancel a week(s) we will need at least 1 week in advance notice or you will be charged for that week regardless of attendance. Our Camps begin on Mondays, so we would need to know by no later than Monday of the week prior. *DROP IN'S ARE NOT ALLOWED/AVAILABLE*
What is the cost of the Camp?
- Weekly Fees: $200/Week. We only prorate for weeks with closures (ie: June 4-7, June 17-21, & July 1-5)
Is there a Registration Fee?
- The Summer Registration fee is a one time fee of $25 per family,not per student.
When do I need to make a payment?
- Bills will typically be processed two weeks prior to the start of the month and statements will be sent out at that time. Students are all set to attend as long as their balance has been paid in full prior to attendance.
Cancelations must be made 1 week in advance in order to receive a refund. Days not attended will not be prorated.
What does my child need to bring with them?
Students should bring a water bottle, a lunch, extra snacks, a spare change of clothes (especially for younger students) and any special sunscreen. We will have generic sunscreen available, but for students with sensitive skin or special brand preferences, we ask that you bring your own sunscreen. The cafeteria will also be closed during the summer, so any students sent without a lunch will either need to have a lunch brought to them or be picked up. We do not heat or refrigerate lunches, so please pack accordingly. We will serve a small snack around 2:30pm and 5:00pm but if your child has allergies, it is always better to pack extra snacks in case they cannot eat what we are serving.
Will there be field trips?
- Yes, we will be updating this site with more information on field trips. We will walk to local parks (Encinitas Community Park & Glenn Park) at no cost. Bus trips will have an additional cost of about $30-$40. Walking trips require permission located at the bottom of the Registration Form; grades 1-6 only). Please be sure to notify staff in advance of any allergy, custody or other restrictions of which they must be aware.
Can any student attend the walking/field trips?
All students entering grades 1-6 can attend walking trips. Incoming Kindergarteners will not be permitted on walking or bus field trips; however, we will provide alternate activities for their enjoyment.
Does my child have to sign up/attend the field trips?
- Field trips are all optional. We ask students the day of our walking trips if they would like to attend. They have the option of going or staying with other students/staff. Bus trips are all based on reservations.
Special events, trips and guests will be updated as they are scheduled.