What's Fresh? What's Healthy? School Lunch!!
The Cardiff School District Cafeteria Manager, Javier Ochoa, is a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef. He is currently developing new recipes for the upcoming school year. His goal is to create a healthy menu from scratch using the freshest possible ingredients.Here are some menu highlights:
- Salad bar items served daily: Mesclun and romaine salad, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, plus condiments for daily menu.
- Menu themes: Brunch for Lunch, "Taco Tuesday", International Day and Sandwiches.
- Additional menu items served as a side dish will include: Fresh vegetables prepared roasted, grilled or pickled.
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit
- Chocolate milk is available only on Fridays.
- All grain items are whole grain
- Menu items are cooked fresh daily with lots fresh veggies in every dish.