May 13, 2019
Thank you for making last week so special for me for Teacher Appreciation. I loved the donuts—VG’s always yummy, the flowers and notes from the kids, the cute socks, and especially the generous gift card to Lowe’s. I will definitely put that to good use this summer during my remodel!
This is a very busy week for us. We begin the week with our dress rehearsals for the classes in school on Monday and Tuesday, and then our parent performance for you on Wednesday. Thursday is non-stop all day with our recorder concert, grandparents’ day and Open House. The kids have practiced and prepared for all of these events and look forward to sharing them with you.
We are working very hard to finish some art and writing in time for Open House that ties into our bird and wetland studies. In addition, we will be working on lagoon bird sketches for display for next Monday night’s Ocean Night. Ms. Parker inspired the class with her birding presentation last Thursday which gave us the impetus for all this work.
We look forward to seeing you for all these upcoming events.
Dates to keep in mind:
- 5/13-5/17, Book Fair
- Mon., 5/13 and Tues., 5/14, Vacation on Mars dress rehearsals, 9:00AM
- Wed., 5/15, Vacation on Mars class musical, parent performance, 9:00 AM
- Thurs., 5/16, 3rd grade recorder concert, 11:00, auditorium
- Thurs., 5/16, grandparents’ day for 3rd grade, 11:50
- Thurs., 5/16, Cardiff School open house, 6:00 PM
- Mon., 5/20, Ocean Night, 5:00 PM
- Fri., 5/24, Ocean Sing-a-Long, 9:30
- Mon., 5/27, Memorial Day, no school
Have a great week!