Welcome to The Music Boosters Page
Music Boosters is an all-volunteer organization of Ada Harris parents who believe that instrumental music is a vital part of our children's education. We support the Ada Harris Instrumental Music Program - The Wildcat Band - by providing funds for instrument coaching, band director salary, and purchasing instruments and supplies. The majority of our funding comes from direct parent donations. Other funding comes from fundraisers, Cardiff School District, and community supporters such as the Coastal Communities Concert Band.Music Boosters is funded, in part, by the City of Encinitas and Mizel Family Foundation Community Grant Program!
2016-2017 Band Enrollment is now closed. We look forward to an exciting year with our continuing and new Wildcat Musicians!
Click here to read what every parent, school administrator, and school board member should know about music education. Click here for a NY Times article on why musical training leads to success in diverse fields.Music Boosters is proud to announce we have received a $4,000 grant from the City of Encinitas/Mizel Family Foundation Community Grant Program! Great job to everyone who worked on the grant proposal - Cat, & BeckyAll 6th grade students:Middle school is a great time to study music, even for beginners! Since band is an elective class that meets during the school day, students progress quickly and have fun!READ MS. GOLD'S TIPS FOR HOW TO PRACTICE SMART HERE
Important info for incoming members:
About UsCardiff Music Boosters is responsible for all fundraising and for supporting our band coaches in any way we can. If you need more information or are interested in volunteering for Music Boosters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your help to keep our program strong and successful!
- The Wildcat Band is open to all Ada Harris students in 4th-6th grade
- Band sections are woodwinds (flute, clarinet, saxophone), brass (trumpet, trombone, baritone), and percussion
- There is no fee to participate in the band. However, we are dependent on parent donations for up to 80% of our program's costs! We are grateful for your tax-deductible donations to our program!
- Lessons are held either before school, during lunch, or after early release on Wednesday
- Band members attend two rehearsals each week - one "sectional" (group lesson with their instrument) and one combined rehearsal with their entire band (beginning or advanced)
- All players are expected to practice at home at least 90 minutes per week to ensure consistent progress
- The school has some instruments to lend but cannot guarantee each student their preferred instrument
- There are many local sources of rented instruments